Defensive driving is a form of training for vehicle drivers that makes them aware about the driving rules, standard driving practices and the required driving mechanics. Its main objective is to reduce the risk of driving by anticipating hazardous situations, adverse conditions or the driving errors of others.
Adherence to Road Traffic Regulations is first step, but what are more important for defensive driving is anticipating the wrong moves, tendencies to commit mistakes and acts of over-adventure by motorists and promptly taking defensive measures. This comes with lot of practice and driving wisdom.
Benefit of Defensive Driving Training
Defensive Driving Safety Training has proven to be an effective solution to:
- Developing much needed skill sets, practical implementation knowledge of defensive driving practices
- Improved ability to implement and realize specific goals as per their designations
- Increased ability to take decision effectively
- Greater productivity in terms of
- Company reputation and profile
- A “pass-out certificate”
- Control costs associated with work-related vehicle accidents
- Reduce insurance premiums and unwanted repair
- Reduce vehicle incident rates
- Decrease workers' compensation claims
- Improve productivity by keeping employees safe, on and off the job
- Protect your brand by improving public perception of your driving practices
Training ‘need’ identification
- Business needs
- Current competencies
- Training methods
Who Should Opt for Defensive Driving Training?
Defensive driving training aims to provide greater practical guidance for all the relevant personnel to ensure safer jobs with reduction in injuries including Vehicle /equipment Operators, Trainer and/or Manufacturer, Production personnel from Quarries, Aggregates, logistics and if possible a Civil, Engineer, Experienced mechanics, maintenance Planner and/or manufacturer, Safety Specialist or person nominated as an experienced EHS facilitator with an understanding of the prevailing EHS laws, etc
Outcomes of Defensive Driving Training
- Operation and application of Vehicle or Mobile equipment "Know its capabilities and limitations"
- Operating environment - areas of operation road conditions' terrain' routes of travel
- Maintaining and repairing the equipment, Maintenance requirements and fail safe devices
- Minimise injuries/illness while maximizing productivity and efficiency
- Understanding of the hazard identification methodology and incident causation. All relevant OHS and traffic acts and regulations e.g.
- Understand the correct and effective use of the vehicles
- Understand hazards and implement control measures
Effective safety training lead to safe work culture, high morale, increased productivity hence high credibility
How we deliver Defensive Driving Training
We deliver training with commitment and not contempt. Our training program includes classroom sessions to practical training sessions. This includes
- Power point presentations
- 3D animation movies
- Behavior modeling method
- Case studies
- Q & A sessions
- One to one interaction
- Practical training