ASK Institute of Environment, Health and Safety IOSH Working safely course which is IOSH successfully designed health and safety training for over 20 years. IOSH is market leader in health and safety with around 1800 IOSH approved training provider delivering IOSH courses around the world.
Working safely is for managers and supervisors in any sector, and any organisation. It's designed to get managers up to speed on the practical actions they need to take to handle health and safety in their teams.
Working safely won't turn delegates into safety experts – but it will give them the knowledge and tools to tackle the health and safety issues they're responsible for. Importantly, it brings home just why health and safety is such an essential part of their job.
1. Introducing working safely :- It’s not unusual for delegates coming on an introductory course to think that accidents only happen to ‘other people’. This module stresses the realities of the human suffering behind the statistics and emphasises the importance of personal responsibility.
2. Defining hazard and risk :- This module puts ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ into everyday language, and uses familiar examples to show what can happen. Importantly, it makes it clear that even something that is very simple or repeated over and over again can go wrong, with serious consequences. Focusing on the six broad hazard groups, delegates are asked to think about the hazards and risks they come across in their own work.‘Risk assessment’ is demystified – delegates learn that we all carry out informal assessments day in, day out.
3. Controlling risks :- All the main issues are covered in this module – entrances and exits, work traffic, fire, chemicals, electricity, physical and verbal abuse, bullying, stress, noise and the working environment, slips, trips and falls, and manual handling. Each area is backed by crystal clear examples and recognisable scenarios, and useful summaries reinforce the key learning points.
4. Identifying common hazards :- This module deals with systems and processes, making sure that any jargon is explained in easily understood terms. The session bridges the gap between management and workforce, encouraging delegates to play a part in processes that are commonly seen as just down to their manager or supervisor. Other areas – including contract work, inspections, safe systems and permits, protective equipment, signage, emergency procedures, reporting and health checks – are all focused on from the delegate’s point of view.
5. Protecting our environment :- A short but effective introduction to waste and pollution leads into a look at how organisations and individual team members can get involved in reducing environmental impacts. Memorable and thought-provoking facts and figures help drive the points home.
The IOSH Working safely is for personnel with health & safety responsibilities e.g. managers, supervisors, safety officers, non-safety specialists & who need a grounding & recognized qualification in occupational safety & health. It is also beneficial for those wanting to further their career in the HSE field or those who wish to enhance their HSE knowledge.
Candidates are assessed by an assessment and project. Candidates must achieve minimum pass standards in the assessment and the report. Successful delegates are awarded an IOSH Working safely certificate.
Delegate Fees: Declared to Interested Candidate only
(Discounts available for group bookings)
(Fee includes Service Tax, Training Kit, Course Material/Book, Training Passport, Group Photograph with frame, Lunch, Tea/Coffee)
Payment terms: Full Course fee must be received prior to start the course dates and shall be non-refundable in case of cancellation of registration.
Payment mode: All payment are required to be made by account payee Bank Draft/cheque in favour of ASK Institute of Environment, Health and Safety, payable at SURAT.