ASK Institute of Environment, Health and Safety offers IOSH Managing safely course which is IOSH successfully designed health and safety training for over 20 years. IOSH is market leader in health and safety with around 1800 IOSH approved training provider delivering IOSH courses around the world.
Managing safely is for managers and supervisors in any sector, and any organisation. It's designed to get managers up to speed on the practical actions they need to take to handle health and safety in their teams.
Managing safely won't turn delegates into safety experts – but it will give them the knowledge and tools to tackle the health and safety issues they're responsible for. Importantly, it brings home just why health and safety is such an essential part of their job.
1. Introducing Managing safely :- Some managers may see health and safety as an add-on to their role – even an intrusion. The first module makes it clear that managers are accountable for their teams, and makes a persuasive case for managing safely.
2. Assessing risks :- This module defines and demystifies 'risk' and 'risk assessment'. Risk assessments and a simple scoring system are introduced, and delegates carry out a series of assessments.
3. Controlling risks:- Here the session tackles cutting risks down, concentrating on the best techniques to control key risks, and how to choose the right method.
4. Understanding your responsibilities :- This module looks at the demands of the law and how the legal system works, and introduces a health and safety management system.
5. Identifying hazards :- All the main issues any operation has to deal with are covered in this module – entrances and exits, work traffic, fire, chemicals, electricity, physical and verbal abuse, bullying, stress, noise, housekeeping and the working environment, slips, trips and falls, working at height, computers and manual handling.
6. Investigating accidents and incidents :- The session starts with why accidents should be investigated, and goes on to cover why things go wrong, and how to carry out an investigation when they do.
7. Measuring performance :- This module explains how checking performance can help to improve health and safety. Delegates learn how to develop basic performance indicators, and get to grips with auditing and proactive and reactive measuring.
8. Protecting our environment :- A short but effective introduction to waste and pollution leads into a look at how organisations and individual managers can get involved in cutting down environmental impacts.
The IOSH Managing safely is for personnel with health & safety responsibilities e.g. managers, supervisors, safety officers, non-safety specialists & who need a grounding & recognized qualification in occupational safety & health. It is also beneficial for those wanting to further their career in the HSE field or those who wish to enhance their HSE knowledge.
Candidates are assessed by an assessment and project. Candidates must achieve minimum pass standards in the assessment and the report. Successful delegates are awarded an IOSH Managing safely certificate.
Delegate Fees: Declared to Interested Candidate only
(Discounts available for group bookings)
(Fee includes Service Tax, Training Kit, Course Material/Book, Training Passport, Group Photograph with frame, Lunch, Tea/Coffee)
Payment terms: Full Course fee must be received prior to start the course dates and shall be non-refundable in case of cancellation of registration.
Payment mode: All payment are required to be made by account payee Bank Draft/cheque in favour of ASK Institute of Environment, Health and Safety, payable at SURAT.