Holistic Health – Affirmative Approach For Healthy Life
A practice of healing which considers the entire person (that is spirit, emotions, body and mind) in the pursuit for optimal wellness and health is defined as Holistic Health. The primary goal of holistic medicine practice that is optimal health can be achieved by attaining total balance in life as per the holistic medicine philosophy.
According to holistic medicine, entire person consists of mutually supporting parts and if any of the part is affected or is not working properly, all the other parts will be having an impact.
Holistic health is an amalgamation of both positive state of well-being and absence of diseases. This combines traditions, wisdom and advancement of western medicine with the disciplines of Eastern healing arts. At most of the professional integrative health center, patients are not recipients of the health care. Rather, they should be boosted to be responsible and improve their health with proper exercise, food, their attitude and lifestyle which forms wellness.
Holistic Health Philosophy Principles:
- Mind, body & spirit are interconnected, integrated and inseparable.
- Holistic Health considers “entire” person and not only diseases and symptoms.
- True health is not just the absence of illness, but a positive state of a person.
- Actual health is achieved with treatment of symptoms and not causes, using both preventive and natural approaches to health, like Yoga, Pranayama, Meditation & Controlled diet.
- Each and every person is actively responsible for his/her own health and healing.
Benefits Of Holistic Health:
- Relieves stress & keep person balanced from within.
- Improves digestion power & cures gas, belching, acidity, constipation, indigestion like gastric complaints.
- Controls skin conditions, like dermatitis, urticaria, albinism, psoriasis, acne etc.
- Improves overall immunity to control life threatening conditions like cancer.
- Improves hormonal secretions and maintain hormonal balance, especially in thyroid dysfunctions, PCOD, migraines, MC irregularities & infertility. Relieves insomnia & creates deep & sound sleep.
- Miscellaneous other improvements in health.
- Cures mental disturbances & balances mind thought process resulting in peace. Also improves positive changes.
- Improves concentration & grasping leading to sharp memory.
Lastly with pray for all concluding:
ॐ सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः सर्व सन्तु निरामयाः ।
सर्वे भद्राणि पश्यन्तु मा कश्चिद्दुःखभाग्भवेत् ।
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ॥
1 thought on “Holistic Health – Affirmative Approach For Healthy Life”
Thanks to this helpful and motivational information. The principles and benefits are all on point. I totally agree with “True health is not just the absence of illness, but a positive state of a person.”. Great work!